Editorial Assistant/Graphic Designer Position.
Redan is the leading independent publisher for the preschool magazine sector. Our Fun to Learn Peppa Pig Bag O’ Fun and Fun to Learn Peppa Pig magazines are the #1 and #2 best-selling preschool standalone magazines in the UK. Our Sparkle World magazine is the #1 best-selling primary girls’ multi-character magazine in the UK. All our Fun To Learn magazines are packed with activities and stories to make learning fun, while helping to develop children’s abilities in key areas of learning.
We work with global licensing partners such as Hasbro, Mattel and Nickelodeon on some of the biggest preschool brands including, Peppa Pig, PAW Patrol, Bing, Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom, The Adventures of Paddington, PJ Masks, Hey Duggee, The Gruffalo, My Little Pony, Barbie, L.O.L Surprise and many more.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dedicated and creative Editorial Assistant/Graphic Designer to join our award-winning editorial team within our leading children’s magazine publishing company, based in Shrewsbury.
• Working alongside the editor with a licensor’s style guides to create well-designed interactive, educational pages, stickers, packaging, crafts and recipes to a print-ready standard.
• Copy writing stories and activities.
• Proofing your own work.
• Supporting editorial staff in all activities leading to publication.
• Liaising with licensors, PR companies and colleagues.
• You must be educated to degree level in Graphic Design, Magazine Design, Publishing or similar and have a good working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. There will be some in-house training but demonstrable experience of these programs is essential.
• You must be a creative thinker, possess excellent design skills and be able to communicate your ideas.
• A good standard of spelling, grammar and punctuation is essential.
• You must possess strong organisation skills, the ability to work quickly to tight deadlines and must pay good attention to detail.
• You must be able to provide and take direction in an open-minded, enthusiastic and supportive manner.
• The successful candidate will be self-motivated, commercially-aware and will be able to interpret and accommodate requirements from internal and external customers to maintain continuity and brand integrity.
This is a full-time position on a 6-12 month contract working for a reputable company which offers a competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Our studio is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire but, following Government guidelines, we are currently working from home until it is safe to work in-house.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and any supporting portfolio examples to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 7th April, 2021