Competition Terms and Conditions – Make and Bake Competition
Fun To Learn Baking Contest – Enter to WIN a fabulous bundle of Casdon Toys
Our ethos at Redan Publishing Ltd is to provide the highest quality and most engaging content within our magazines that will encourage pre-schoolers to develop their early years learning skills. We have very recently published a special Fun To Learn Friends Make and Bake magazine which focuses on some of the more hands-on activities that encourage parents and other family members to share time together making and baking with the children they look after.
As we’re all spending more time at home looking for fun and exciting activities to do together, we are pleased to announce our very own Fun To Learn baking contest!
To enter, entrants should share a photo of a recent baking creation. The bake can be anything; cupcakes, a pie, a showstopper tiered cake, bread, choux buns. The photo must show the finished bake and the person / people who created it.
Valid entries will be entered into the Prize Draw to win a free copy of Fun To Learn Friends Make and Bake magazine.
All the entries that meet the criteria will be judged by an independent judge, with ten finalists being selected and put forward to our special guest judge to decide on the winner and two runners up.
The winner will receive a fabulous bundle of Casdon toys which includes a Morphy Richards microwave, a Kenwood food mixer, a 36 piece tea set and a 44 piece food set.
The two runners up will receive a Casdon Mr Kipling cake stand.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The theme of the competition is Make and Bake. The theme is open to some personal interpretation but we’re looking for photographs of baking creations that include the person / people that created it.
Redan Publishing is aware that digital photography allows for photo enhancement. Entrants may ‘tidy up’ photos (e.g. remove slight blemishes) or crop a photo, but we would ask entrants to consider the spirit of the competition: we do not wish to deceive our readers by presenting something ‘unreal’. Redan Publishing and its judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively altered so as to alter its authenticity.
- The competition is being run via the Redan Publishing website and will feature on the following Facebook accounts @FunToLearnFriends, @FunToLearnFavourites and @mysparkleworld and the following Redan Publishing Instagram accounts @funtolearnfriends, @funtolearnfavourites and @sparkleworldmagazine.
To enter, entrants can complete the entry form on the website page www.redan.co.uk/make-and-bake and upload one photograph that shows the finished bake and the person / people who created it.
Alternatively, you can email your entry to email@example.com with your name, address and a baking photograph.
Photos can also be shared on to one of these Facebook or Instagram pages in the comments section under the Make and Bake posts.
Pictures should be in either JPEG or PNG format. Photos must be a printable quality. This will mean a resolution of 300dpi (this will usually be the ‘original size’ file size on most camera phones). Upload image size: max 8MB.
Redan Publishing cannot accept any responsibility for any problem with an internet service provider, network or other system which may result in an entry being lost or destroyed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
Please do not include any personal information on a public post, we will contact you via direct message for contact information if you are lucky enough to win.
- Photographs should be of parents or adult carers and/or the children they look after with their finished bake.
- The competition is open for entries from 08.00 GMT Friday 23rd October 2020. The competition will close 10:00 GMT Friday 15th November. The winner and runners up will be announced on Tuesday 24th Entries received after this will not be considered.
- Photographs may be chosen for inclusion in the Redan Publishing newsletter, on a website gallery or on the above mentioned social media pages.
1 winner will receive a Casdon bundle which includes a Morphy Richards microwave, a Kenwood food mixer, a 36 piece tea set and a 44 piece food set. The winner will also receive a copy of My First Cook Book by David Atherton and Rachel Stubbs.
2 runners up will both receive a Casdon Mr Kipling cake stand.
100 valid entries will be randomly selected to win a copy of the Friends Make and Bake magazine special. (magazine only, does not include gifts)
The prizes are as stated and cannot be delayed or transferred. There will be no cash alternative.
- Entrants may submit as many photos as they like; however only one photo will be considered per entrant.
- The competition is open to the UK and Eire only. You must have the right to consent to the featured children’s image being published. Employees of Redan Publishing Ltd or anyone else associated with this competition, as well as their families, are not eligible to enter.
- The photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Visual appeal
- That the content of the image is self-explanatory
- Suitability for inclusion on our social media and newsletter
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries may be reviewed in the first instance by Redan Publishing, filtering out any inappropriate or unusable pictures. Pictures that meet the required criteria will then go forward for judging by an independent judge. Ten finalists will be put forward to the special guest judge, who will select the winner and two runners up.
- We want original photographs. Photographs must not have been published elsewhere or have won any other competitions. Entrants must ensure that photographs are not used to publicise or promote any other company, individual, organisation or causes.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of the people featured in the entries, and the parents/guardians of the children. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Winners will be notified by directly within 21 days of the closing date. Winners’ names will be posted on Facebook, as well as being published on our website www.redan.co.uk. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, Redan Publishing reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner-up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competitions.
- Entrants will retain copyright in photographs submitted. In Consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to Redan Publishing Ltd to feature any and all of the submitted images in any of its publications, its websites and social media platforms, or to Redan Publishing in general. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Redan Publishing reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time in its absolute discretion if Redan Publishing has reason to believe that an entrant has breached those rules.
- Redan Publishing reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise out of its control.
- The competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. The competition is administered by Redan Publishing Ltd.
- Any queries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoter: Redan Publishing Limited, Canon Court East, Abbey Lawn, Shrewsbury, SY2 5DE
Social media prize draws/competitions are NOT sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network!
To enter this competition you have provided us with your personal data including your photographic entry. Redan Publishing is the “data controller” of the information.
If you have any questions or queries, or you wish to exercise your rights as a data subject, please contact email@example.com. Individuals have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they believe there is a problem with the way their data has been handled.
Redan Publishing Ltd
Canon Court East
Tel: (+44) (0)1743 364 433
Last updated: October 2020